Ms W had studied at Exeter University and together with her husband, was looking to move back from Uruguay where he was from where the pair were living back to the UK.
They were seeking an easy to maintain detached four bedroom house to include study, garage and reasonable size gardens. This would allow sufficient space to accommodate relatives and enable them to spend time travelling without the worry of having to maintain an older property.
- Detached, four bedroom house – It was important that the property was low maintenance to allow for time away from the property.
- Within 15 miles of Exeter – The city would be in reasonably close proximity for work and amenities.
- Good size garden – To enjoy the Devon location.
- Study – To provide a separate space to work.
- Garage – To store their cars, especially for when spending time away from the property.
How Buying Agent Partnership helped
Initially, everything was conducted via the internet and the search area was either side of the Exe estuary to include Totnes and Sidmouth.
Arriving in the UK, twenty viewings were conducted over the whole area, which made for an interesting but intense period! The following week, second viewings were arranged; after which a decision was made to place an offer on a more modern property that had recently been extended to a very high standard.
Negotiations then took place and after agreement, we were able to recommend a local solicitor to assist in conveyance. Later, we also introduced local professionals to carry out a building and separate drain survey which fortunately proved positive.
Without modern technology, it would have been impossible to progress this search within such a short timescale. The prospect of posting property particulars and other paper items to Uruguay would have made the whole process very time-consuming!
The happy ending
Overall everything progressed well with close communication between all respective parties, which was vital as the clients had to arrange shipment of their furniture. Only towards the end of the process did a problem arise when the vendor was having difficulty with his own purchase. However, after insisting that they stick to the exchange date already given eventually we exchanged and the client was able to relax.
How Buying Agent Partnership added value
- We were able to use our local network connections to recommend legal support to the client in question and provide surveying support
- We were able to digitalise the whole process to ensure communication between the UK and Uruguay was smooth, seamless and productive!
- Buying Agent Partnership was able to find the perfect property for the couple to facilitate their overseas move