Mrs P and her late husband had always planned to move from Merseyside and retire to a village in the Cheshire countryside. Still keen to fulfil that dream several years after her husband passed away, Mrs P enlisted the help of Lisa, our experienced property finder, to find a detached cottage in a quiet village location where she could pursue her love of gardening and get involved in village life. She also wanted a secure garage for her treasured MG convertible sports car!
- Detached or semi-detached cottage – Ideally detached but willing to compromise to meet other criteria.
- Quiet village lifestyle – Providing a peaceful and friendly environment to live in.
- Garden space – Allowing the client the space to enjoy her love of gardening.
- Neighbourhood activities – Giving opportunities to get involved with the local community.
- Secure garage – To look after the clients’ beloved car.
How Buying Agent Partnership helped
As the purchase of the new house was dependent on the sale of her current home, we knew that we would have to act quickly once the client had received an acceptable offer. So, in the meantime we spent time visiting different locations together and viewing sample properties to focus the search area and to refine her priorities for the property. As a key criteria was staying within a 45 minute drive of her elderly mother in Liverpool in case of emergencies, we agreed to focus on the villages around the M56 corridor from South Wirral, East Chester to Northwich.
The time spent researching locations together was well spent as it clearly demonstrated that Mrs P was unlikely to find a detached property of a high enough standard within her budget. As a result she decided that, for the right property, she was willing to compromise on it not being detached.
The happy ending
Her chosen property was a 3 bedroomed semi-detached cottage in the village of Ashton Hayes. This property was acquired just months into our search, and the client was thrilled! The kitchen and bathrooms required some modernisation so Lisa was able to introduce her to a trusted local contractor to carry out the work immediately after completing on the sale – beginning the work of creating her dream home!
How Buying Agent Partnership added value
- Our expert knowledge helped our property finder to narrow down the list of available properties to those which fulfilled the client’s requirements
- Thanks to Lisa’s dedicated hard work in finding the right home to fit the client’s criteria, it became clear quickly that one of the elements would have to be flexible: Lisa helped the client to consider some semi-detached properties (which became her final pick!)
- Lisa was able to help negotiate a sale on the buyer’s current property, to ensure she was in her dream home in no time.