Our client, C, was a UK national living and working in Switzerland. With family in Cheshire and London, she decided she wanted a country property in Cheshire to use as her UK base. As an owner of 3 dogs and 2 horses, she also required a sizeable garden and/or a livery stables nearby. The search started in early 2020 …. and then the COVID-19 pandemic hit!
Rather than postpone the search, C decided that her immediate priority was to find a dog-friendly rental property she could use when allowed to visit the UK, and at the same time progress the search for a property to buy.
- Stables – The client required stables nearby to accommodate her two horses
- Land – A sizeable garden or local land was essential for this client’s needs
- Dog friendly – The client needed to find a dog-friendly rental property at the same time as looking to buy
How Buying Agent Partnership helped
With extensive experience of rental homefinding, Lisa used her local contacts to quickly identify a shortlist of suitable rental properties. With overseas travel restricted, Lisa carried out all the viewings on C’s behalf, and provided photos and video tours for each property so that C could make an informed choice without any need to travel.
Once the property was selected, she negotiated terms for a six month rental and carried out a check-in inspection at the start of the tenancy to ensure everything was ready for C to move into on her arrival in the UK.
That temporary base, meant that the search for a property to buy could carry on so Lisa continued to compile a shortlist of properties to view with C. C had set very clear criteria, so the search itself was very focussed and her perfect property, in one of Cheshire’s most sought-after and picturesque villages, was identified and secured after only five viewings.
As C’s chosen property was a Grade II listed building and she wanted to make some alterations, Lisa sourced professional support from a planning consultant, surveyor, architect and interior designer to advise C on her plans before exchange of contracts. This meant that clear parameters were set and no time was wasted once the purchase was completed and C had collected the keys.
The happy ending
Despite the constraints of international property-finding during a pandemic, Lisa was able to rapidly adapt to the changing situation and secure C both a rental and a property to buy.
C became the proud owner of a stunning cottage with 2.5 acres of land, woodland, orchard and paddocks at the end of September 2020 ready not only for her to visit, but her dogs and horses too!
How Buying Agent Partnership Added Value
- Lisa used her extensive contacts network to source a local suitable property for the client, in addition to finding professionals to assist the client in her renovation project post-purchase
- Lisa was able to acquire C both a rental property and a property to buy
- Thanks to Buying Agent Partnership’s negotiation expertise, Lisa was able to establish a suitable six-month rental contract for her client to ensure she could focus on finding her the perfect address – with minimum stress!