We all know that the property market today undoubtedly looks different from how it looked just a few months ago and uncertainties remain about the impact of any future economic downturn. Many of our client enquiries have wondered whether the property market is still active, as it was pre-lockdown; others have expressed concerns that they may be unable to find a suitable property, imagining that no new properties are hitting the market.
Here at the Buying Agent Partnership, we are pleased to say that these worries are, so far, unfounded. The property market is definitely still active, and our property finders are busier than ever. Though of course it is true that activity fluctuates in relation to the prevailing circumstances, whether that means COVID-19, political changes or even tax changes like the recent reduction in stamp duty, the property market is still enjoying healthy levels of movement; particularly in prime rural areas and market towns which are so sought after following months in lockdown.
Even when estate agents are struggling with a low level of new instructions – it can make our service even more vital. As property finders, we often have access to properties which are not yet listed in the mainstream property market, or where owners want a discrete sale. Thanks to our great networks and relationships across the UK, we are often advised of new properties for sale before they are listed with estate agents or before they are formally advertised.
In addition, through our extensive UK property databases, our property finders are even able to target and initiate conversations and negotiations with owners who may not even be thinking of selling! Our deep and detailed understanding of local property markets has even seen us manage to secure a client’s true ‘dream home’ – the exact property they had sent us to represent their brief as we began our search!
Our property finding service has seen us continue to work and find properties for our clients throughout the pandemic. Quality, proceedable buyers have registered with us throughout the duration of the UK lockdown, and have already snapped up some amazing properties through our service!
Our ‘Property Shopping List’
But our search continues. Some current examples of the type of properties on our property finders’ ‘shopping lists’ are:
- A period country cottage within 30 minutes of Knutsford, Cheshire (budget c. £800k).
- A character property with income potential in North Wales (budget c. £500k)
- A wheelchair accessible house with garages and large gardens near Knutsford, Cheshire (budget c. £1.5m)
- Period, 4-bedroom property, within 15 minutes’ walk of the Dragon school Oxford (budget up to £2.5m).
- Two-bedroom character property, with space in garden to create a workspace, within 10 miles of Newbury (budget £500,000).
- Modern detached property, in Cumnor Hill, Oxford, with 3 bedrooms (budget minimum £850k).
- Period property, private garden, 3-bedroom in Jericho (budget £1.3m).
- North Cotswolds, barn conversion, 4 beds, large garden (budget £1m).
- Detached Farmhouse with 4+ bedrooms, minimum of 1 acre and income potential on the Roseland Peninsula, Cornwall (Budget £1.2m)
- A period style property within 10 minutes of North Devon beaches, 3 bedrooms and parking (Budget £500k)
- Character Cottage with 3 bedrooms, parking and small garden close to coast in North Cornwall (Budget £600k)
- Any style property with minimum of 3 bedrooms and Holiday Let potential near Dartmouth/Salcombe (£800k)
Each of these is a real ‘item’ on our property-finders’ shopping lists, from Cumbria to Cornwall. Maybe you know of somewhere that might fit the bill, but isn’t formally on the market for sale. If so, we would like to hear from you! Discretion is assured at all times.
Rather than putting their move on hold in uncertain times, our clients are finding that it pays to have our expert property finders on their side, helping them find their perfect property, navigate the buying process and negotiating them the best possible deal.
So, if you’re looking to find a new home – please don’t hesitate to get in touch. At the Buying Agent Partnership, we won’t stop until we’ve found your new address (with minimum stress!).